2018 Toyota Tundra vs 2018 GMC Sierra 1500
Searching for a new truck? There are a variety of different models to look at and choose from, but how do you know which one is the right one? These model comparison pages are meant to help you as you search for a different vehicle. It is important to know how it compares to its competitors. In this model comparison, we looked at the 2018 Toyota Tundra and how it stacks up against the 2018 GMC Sierra 1500.
While comparing the two trucks, there were a few things that stood out. The 4.6-liter V8 engine of the 2018 Tundra offers 310 horsepower and 327 lb-ft of torque compared to the Sierra 1500's 285 horsepower and 305 lb-ft of torque. Along with the bigger horsepower, the Tundra also offers a towing capacity of 1,300 pounds more. Drivers looking for a bigger engine, more horsepower and a higher towing capacity would be better suited with the 2018 Toyota Tundra. Continue reading below to view the comparison and to learn more about the Tundra.
2018 Sierra 1500
|4.6-liter V8||Engine||4.3-liter V6|
|310 hp / 327 lb-ft torque||Horsepower / Torque||285 hp / 305 lb-ft torque|
|6,800 lbs||Towing Capacity||5,500 lbs|
2018 Tundra Trims and Features
The 2018 Toyota Tundra is offered in five different trim levels as well as different body configurations to choose from. Each of these trim levels has their own set of features to set them apart. Below is a list of the different trims and a few of their features.
- SR – Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P), easy lower and liftgate, Entune™ Audio with a 6.1-inch touchscreen with Bluetooth®, integrated backup camera
- SR5 – TSS-P, fog lights, Entune™ Audio Plus with Scout® GPS Link compatibility and 7-inch touchscreen, HD Radio™ Technology and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- Limited – TSS-P, 20-inch Limited grade split 5-spoke wheels, leather-trimmed and heated front bucket seats, 38-gallon fuel tank
- Platinum – TSS-P, 20-inch split 6-spoke alloy wheels, available power tilt/slide moonroof, Blind Spot Monitor (BSM), Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA), Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation and App Suite
- 1794 Edition – TSS-P, Western-themed interior/perforated Brown premium leather-trimmed seating, available power tilt/slide moonroof, available 20-inch chrome-clad alloy wheels